BIGGER! BOLDER! BADDER!
For a limited time – includes a FREE Dominator Tuned Pipe – a $169 Value! Pipe will be included with the Vekta, but in original packaging (the pipe will not be pre-installed on the car)
Kraken RC would like to introduce the KRAKEN VEKTA.5 or in short, KV5. The KV5 is the world’s first and most advanced motorsport grade 1/5th scale RC. It is a hard-core 1/5th Scale vehicle recommended for expert level users only. With an aggressive roll cage and body design inspired by Shannon Campbell’s Class 1 named “The Beast”, It is one Monster buggy that chews up everything in it’s path – Literally! Welcome to the Next Level!
The Design Concept
The vision behind the KV5 is to create a new platform that is completely unique. We believe we have achieved our vision with the VEKTA.5. It is BIG and BOLD with only one word to describe it – “THE BEAST”! The KV5 is an Independent Front Suspension and Rear Solid Axle design that brings real-world fun and excitement to the 1/5th scale RC world. The KV5 uses an “open design” in which everything can be easily accessed and removed with minimal fuss. Installing an engine for example only takes a matter of minutes.
We also understand that an RC is not an RC without exciting hop-ups. Therefore, during the development of the KV5, we reached out to companies like DDM and Turtle Racing to future-proof your investment. Please be on the look out for exciting after-market hop-ups coming from them.
The Front section of the KV5 comprises of heavy duty nylon arms designed to absorb hard impacts. It is designed with Independent Front Suspensions and supported by our MEGA SHOCKS. Shocks are anchored on a massive 8mm thick CNC Shock Tower. The articulation of the A-Arms are supported by 8mm steel hinge pins. To absorb huge jumps, our MEGA SHOCKS are equipped with 38mm aluminum oil filled shock body and 8mm shock shafts. The front and rear drivelines are CVD based with 8mm drive shafts. An all metal differential is housed in a heavy duty Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon housing. The front arms allow camber adjustments for fine tuning.
The center transmission comprises of CNC cut heavy duty steel Pinion, Step, and Spur Gears. As an added bonus, we have designed the Spur Gear with an inclusion of an adjustable Slipper Clutch for extra protection to the driveline. You can also fine tune the Slipper Clutch according to your driving conditions. The Slipper Clutch is easily adjustable with a M4 driver from the top of the transmission. The center transmission is supported by 2 aluminum plates enclosed by a removable Lexan shroud to protect the gears from dirt and grime.
The rear section is a 4 link triangulation design with 2 – 12mm upper links bars that help center the monster Rear Solid Axle. The rear trailing arms are fully adjustable in height. When rock racing, the trailing arms can be adjusted up to 2 inches higher than it’s original stock position for better clearance . The monster rear axle and trailing arms are all CNC precision machined and are virtually indestructible. Toe-ins and camber of the tires are adjustable simply by rotating the hub adapters at the ends of the Rear Solid Axle. The positions are visually marked and are referenced by a technical chart in the manual. The most current version of the VEKTA.5 models now include a molded cap to cover the rear axle and differential. See the photo for more details.
· True Scale 4WD Class 1500 Unlimited Buggy
· Full Roll Cage
· Front: Independent Front Suspension
· Rear Solid Axle (Billet Aluminum CNC)
· Rear Trailing Arms (Billet Aluminum CNC)
· 4 LINK Suspension
· All Around CVDs
· All metal diff housing and hardened gears
· Center all metal transmission with adjustable slipper clutch
· Telescoping universal drive shaft
· Hard Anodized 38mm MegaShocks with 8mm shaft
· 1/4 Servos Included
· and more!
· Type: CLASS 1500 Buggy 4WD
· Scale:1/5 – 2 Stroke Gas Vehicle
· Engine Type: Zenoah 32cc G320 (ARTR with Engine option)
· 1/4 Scale Servos Included for both ARTRs
· Length:34.8in (884mm)
· Width: 22.83in (580mm)
· Height: 12.60in (320mm)
· Ground Clearance: 1.97in (50mm) adjustable to 3.98in (100mm)
· Wheelbase: 23.94in (608mm)
· Weight: 37.18lbs (17.14 kg) – Without Motor
· Main Chassis: 5mm thick 6061 T6 aluminum
· Suspension: 2 Front-Wheel Independent with Rear Solid Axle
· Drivetrain: 4WD – Front and Rear Differentials with Center Transmission
· All Metal Center Transmission with adjustable slipper clutch
· All metal gears in the differential housing
· Tire Type: All Terrain Dominator, heavy threads for long wear. Medium compound
· Wheel Size: 7.32×2.91 in (186x74mm)
· Gear Ratio= 1:10.079
· Kraken Model TS-555HV (Waterproof)
· Operation Voltage 6V-7.4V
· Torque 555 oz/in @6V, 694 oz/in @7.V using 2S LIPO
· Speed 0.19sec/60 at 6V/0.17/60@ 7.4V
· Rated Current 3500mA @6V/4500mA@7.4V
· Continuos Current 600mA @6V/ 700mA @7.4V
· Neutral Point 1500us
· Dimensions 82x30x56.5
· Weight 7 oz
· Gears Type – Metal
· Wiring White – Signal
· Wiring Red – 6V-7.4V
· Wiring Black – Ground
· Connector Type – Futaba or JR
· Ingress Protection – IPX7
· Enclosure Aluminum Anodized Case (Waterproof)
· Warranty – 1 YR Limited Warranty